At this uncertain and worrying time we want to let you know that we are doing everything we possible can to help our customers.
We would like to assure you we are still open and taking orders. We are receiving a high number of orders which means deliveries may take longer than usual with the current changing situation. We currently expect standard delivery orders to be received within 5 working days (we are reviewing this daily while the pandemic and lockdown continues). If you would like your order delivered by the next working day we are now able to offer our next day delivery service again, please select this in the checkout when ordering.
A big thank you to our warehouse staff
We are hugely grateful to our warehouse staff for pulling out all the stops to keep orders going out the door. We have had a massive increase in the number of orders so not only do they have a lot more orders to pick and pack, but with the increase there is also much more coming into the warehouse which all needs to be sorted, counted and shelved. With stock shortages happening across the industry many of the orders we make with suppliers cannot be fully fulfilled which means deliveries coming in are far more time consuming to work through and put the stock online as we are not always sure of what will come in the orders.
As a result our warehouse staff have been working weekend and long hours to keep on top of things as best we can.
A big thank you to all of our hard working warehouse staff who have stayed positive and committed to getting your orders out!
1. All staff who are able to work remotely from their homes have been provided with the necessary equipment and connectivity to support this.
2. All staff have been and continue to be briefed on the absolute necessity to remain at least 2m apart from any other individual, in keeping with government advice - https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
3. Staff have been and continue to be briefed on the absolute necessity to wash their hands regularly and for 20 seconds each time, in keeping with government advice - https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus. NHS posters have been displayed in kitchens, washrooms and on notice boards throughout the buildings
4. A supply of hand sanitisers has been in place since late 2019. Hand sanitiser is available from several dispenser units positioned throughout the buildings.
5. A clear desk policy is in place for all staff remaining on the premises during working hours. All desk-based staff have been instructed to clean their work space before they leave the buildings with cleaning wipes or cleaning spray.
6. Specific cleaning of "touch points", i.e. areas that are touched regularly such as door handles, bannisters, buttons etc, every 1-2 hours.
7. Gloves made available to staff that should be worn while on site.
8. If someone becomes unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temp., they will be sent home and advised to follow the UK Gov advice - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-on-coronavirus-covid-19
9. To support the 2m distancing guidelines, markings have been made on the main foot-fall areas (picking routes through aisles and at level access sectional overhead doors, to assist employees in maintaining the required distance.
10. NHS and UK Government advice posters are displayed, along with our own, company briefings to inform staff of their role and responsibilities in reducing the spread of COVID-19
11. All site visits by colleagues and contractors have been cancelled and communication has been made to our essential suppliers (such as carriers) to ensure they have their own preventative policies in place and that they understand our expectations of them when they are on site.
Please consider others by not purchasing large numbers of essential items if you don’t need them, to ensure all our customers are able to get hold of their vital supplies. We ask that you order no more than 3 of each item across our Grocery, Cleaning & Beauty ranges.
You can sign up for email reminders on the product page for any out-of-stock items, and we will email you once new stock is here.
As we are a small team, unfortunately we do not have the capacity to prioritise ordering for vulnerable customers, we fully apologise for this.
On the delivery options page we have a field to leave special delivery notes, please make sure you add any additional information to the driver here. If you are self-isolating please make this clear here so the delivery driver can take appropriate action.
DPD Deliveries (Next Day and DPD Pickup)
DPD services are continuing to run as normal with exception to the DPD Pickup service which is currently unavailable. DPD now have a contact free delivery process to include photo capture proof of delivery. You will not be asked to sign handheld units and their drivers will take a photo of the parcel at the point of delivery. This will form the proof of delivery system for deliveries until further notice.
DPD are doing everything possible to support their staff and are sharing advice and updates with them on a daily basis.
For the latest information from DPD (all next day and DPD Pickup deliveries) please visit their update page: https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/products_services/covid-19-updates.jsp
Hermes Delivery (standard delivery orders)
Hermes are encouraging all our customers to choose their preferred safe place for deliveries by following the Track & Divert link in the parcel notifications we send. If a safe place hasn’t been chosen but there is somewhere safe to deliver the parcel, Hermes will leave it there, even if there’s someone in the property – they will take a photo which will be included in the delivery notification email. If no safe place is available or a signature is required, Hermes will knock on the door and step aside making sure the parcel is delivered safely rather than being left outside. If there is no answer, the parcel will be returned.
For the latest updates from Hermes (standard orders) please visit their update page: https://new.myhermes.co.uk/coronavirus.html
Now more than ever it’s important to be kind and caring to each other, and to not forget those who are in need. Check your local food bank is open and donate if you can - there are so many families who will need to rely on this service right now. Pick up essentials for elderly relatives and neighbours or those you know are self-isolating and might not have anyone else to help them. Most importantly follow the governments guidelines on self-distancing to keep you and everyone around you as safe as possible.